Larry Cordle Awards & Recognitions
- 2020 -SPBGMA Songwriter of the Year Award
- 2019 – SPBGMA Songwriter of the Year Award Winner
- 2018 GRAMMY NOMINATION for BEST ROOTS GOSPEL ALBUM – Give Me Jesus – see full Grammy list
- 2017 -IBMA Gospel Recorded Event of the Year Nomination for the song “Give Me Jesus,” Traditional arr. Larry Cordle, Mighty Cord Records
- 2015 – Larry Cordle inducted into the Kentucky Music Hall of Fame
- 2015 – Nomination for IBMA Recorded Event of the Year Award – “Against the Grain” Larry Cordle & Lonesome Standard Time feat Garth Brooks, Larry Cordle (Producer), Mighty Cord Records (label)
- 2012 – IBMA Recorded Event of the Year Award – “Life Goes On,” Carl Jackson, Ronnie Bowman, Larry Cordle, Jerry Salley, Rickey Wasson, Randy Kohrs, D.A. Adkins, Garnet Bowman, Lynn Butler, Ashley Kohrs, Gary Payne, Dale Pyatt, Clay Hess, Alan Bibey, Jay Weaver, Ron Stewart & Jim VanCleve (artists), Jerry Salley, Carl Jackson, Larry Cordle, Jim VanCleve & Randy Kohrs (producers), Rural Rhythm (label)
- 2006 – IBMA Album of the Year Award – Celebration of Life: Musicians Against Childhood Cancer, featuring 3 Fox Drive, Lonesome River Band, The Seldom Scene, Rhonda Vincent & The Rage, Cherryholmes, J.D. Crowe & The New South, BlueRidge, IIIrd Tyme Out, The James King Band, Larry Cordle, Wayne Benson, Clay Hess, Greg Luck, Aubrey Haynie, Marty Raybon & Full Circle, Tony Rice, Ronnie Bowman & The Committee, The Larry Stephenson Band, Blue Highway, Gena Britt, Randy Kohrs & The Lites, Steve Thomas, Scott Vestal, David Parmley & Continental Divide, Karl Shiflett & the Big Country Show, Kenny & Amanda Smith, Wildfire, Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver, Lost & Found, The Grascals, Alecia Nugent, Carl Jackson, Jerry Salley, Don Rigsby & Midnight Call, Bradley Walker, Dan Tyminski, Bela Fleck, Barry Bales, Joe Mullins, Bryan Sutton, Jim VanCleve, Clay Jones & Keith Garrett; produced by Bob Kelly, Jack Campitelli & Darrel Adkins; Skaggs Family Records
- 2004 -IBMA Recorded Event of the Year Award – “Livin Lovin Losin: Songs of the Louvin Brothers” Various artists including Larry Cordle
- 2000 – Country Music Association Song of the Year Award – “Murder On Music Row.” Songwriters: Larry Cordle and Larry Shell
- 2000 – Country Music Association Event of the Year Award – “Murder On Music Row.” George Strait and Alan Jackson
- 2000 – IBMA Song of the Year Award – “Murder On Music Row.” Larry Cordle & Lonesome Standard Time (artists), Larry Cordle & Larry Shell (songwriters)
- 2000 – Nomination for IBMA Song of the Year Award – “Black Diamond Strings.” Larry Cordle and Larry Shell
- 1993 – IBMA Song of the Year Award – “Lonesome Standard Time.” Lonesome Standard Time (artists), Larry Cordle & Jim Rushing (songwriters)
- 1993 GRAMMY Nomination for Best Bluegrass Album – “Lonesome Standard Time” by Larry Cordle & Lonesome Standard Time. Songwriters Larry Cordle and Jim Rushing. Note: The song became a hit for Kathy Mattea in 1993, reaching number eight on country charts. Cordle’s version of this song was the number one hit on Bluegrass Unlimited’s national chart.
- 1983 – Cordle penned the number one country hit “Highway 40 Blues” recorded by Ricky Skaggs.
Larry Cordle’s Induction into the Kentucky Music Hall of Fame
Larry Cordle winner of the 2019 and 2020 SPBGMA Bluegrass Songwriter of the Year Awards!
Larry Shell, Larry Cordle, Dolly Parton, International Bluegrass Music Association awards in Louisville in 2000. Cordle co-wrote Murder on Music Row, which won Song of the Year. Photo: Phil Leadbetter